In honour of my last day as a writer/editor at the Offbeat Empire, I thought I’d round up some of my favourite posts that I wrote since I started in 2011:
- Wands optional: intentional thinking and magic
- What Disney taught me about healthy polyamory
- Dear fashion industry: show us diverse bodies
- My relationship vs. my pantry: why I don't need nicely-labelled canisters
- Get messy and other advice when first learning about make-up
- Palliative care, cross-country moves, and whiskey in a Mason jar: Ariel Gore's "The End of Eve"
- Three ways to power up and get the jump on your chore list
- Be your own cheerleader against the zombies of self-doubt and celebrate your accomplishments
- I was in a plane crash: here's how I deal with flight anxiety
- Plus size lingerie for sexytimes all the time
- 10 literary classics you can totally read in a week or less
- I abandoned the microwave and haven't looked back
- Cities in crisis: Rehousing the American Dream
- Starting conversations about inequality in finding a home
- "Toned-down Ned Flanders": Hosting travelers who'll want to come back
- Don’t store camping gear over the winter — repurpose it all year long!
You can see every single post I wrote (and the ones I'm still writing!) here.
And for good measure, here are some posts written by my ahem friend, Sloane Adelaide: